Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Asian Fabrics Kitty Quilt the Second and Free Motion...


Quilted with King Tut in the needle and So Fine #60 preloaded bobbin - both wonderful threads from Superior Threads.  Love King Tut because you can see the stitching. Of Course there are a few glitches in my stitching but so it goes!  Now the kitties have upgraded the look of their normal sleeping places. :)  All of both of these quilts were scraps from other projects, even the binding.  I used the Brother open toe O foot SA187, a metal accessory foot that didn't come with any of my Brothers - one of the feet I have added to the foot collection. Love that all the feet fit all my Brother machines! :)  The photo below was taken after I had finished and was back to the normal ZZ foot.


The Brother Innov-ís Pacesetter PS500 does free motion as well as any machine I have ever tried, excepting of course my Pfaff 1222E, yet the Brother has no glitches that aren't my errors, so maybe I will be doing a lot on the Brother. I am working on a thread painting project - very much a fun thing because I am not really thread painting - more like free motion around and about on the pattern of a crane panel I bought years ago at the VQF.  But i am using all sorts of threads I have - from King Tut, through Madeira rayon and polyneon, and Kimono Silk, Connecting Threads, and some Robison-Anton embroidery lovely threads, silver and blue variegated. Maybe even more as I go along. It might take a toll on the Pfaff, so might do some on the Brother.

I ordered a table for the Brother from Pocono Sew and Vac. It is the Brother table that fits this machine, and I am awaiting word of shipping now. I won't do more free motion without the table, as the drag on the left side of a piece is the thing I need to overcome.

3 comments:

glorm said...

Hahaha, "...King Tut in the needle". Thanks for the good laugh.

I still say you'd make a good salesperson. Really nice looking quilt piece. Glad to see that you've been busy. :)

Catherine said...

The kitty quilt is lovely. So glad the Pacesetter is working so well for you. Your thread painting project sounds so exciting. I've never tried this and look forward to seeing your finished project. (I especially love cranes, too.)

catspec said...

Thanks glorm and Catherine! Well, it's called thread painting but really its my first go at embellishments with thread on a larger basis but I am having some fun with it, and these days we need to take our minds off the outside world I think. :) Yes, glorm - that does read a bit oddly, eh? HAHAHAHAHA......Cranes - they are always wonderful!!!!!