Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Kitty Quilt #3 Finished...


Although free motion was done on the PS500, the binding was done on the Elna.  I didn't change the bobbin thread, so it could have been better looking because the lighter thread shows on the front after I sewed the binding to the back but who cares!! It's a kitty quilt and it's now done. As they say:"Done is better than perfect."  The kitty already had a nap on this one.

I was using random left over remnants of flannel for cat bed coverings and now they have these swanky new quilties. Probably going to gather scraps and remnants and make a few more but not now - in the Queue for sewing are more masks and an entire student nurse outfit for 18" dolls. But for this quilt I used my beloved OMNI  thread and whatever bobbins I had with poly thread or a preloaded So Fine #60 bobbin. Used a couple bobbins in the process of these three cat quilts. You can see I am still using up leftover bindings from other projects. I have a goal to use up remnants and scraps for useful things.maybe time for new placemats soon too.


3 comments:

Cherie said...

Very adorable quilt. I have one of the cat prints that involves the cat weaving herself around books, sewing notions and the iconic black sewing machine with Metal scrolling. I forget the artist’s name. I’m gonna go look right now!
I love the profile of the “Thinking Man” on the shelf as well. Great job!

glorm said...

Well, that's quite attractive. I love the fish and birds among the cats. LOL.

catspec said...

Thank you Cherie and glorm!! It was a fun thing, not time consuming yet relaxing! Whole cloth projects have a lot of appeal!! I have a wall hanging still that I have talked about before and still not finished...? It is a "between the projects" fun piece!