Monday, December 21, 2020

Oh Sew Kat Sunshine Dress...Sew Cute!

 
I realized I had cut this out in June. Good grief. Sewing this up the other day with my PS500 was a breeze. This machine doesn't try to pull fabric down inside and starts at the edge of the fabric without any issues. The ZZ foot that is standard and used for much of our sewing is, in this machine, a longer foot and seems so very much better at holding fabric than many a foot on another brand of machine. I love my Brother machines!  The fabric in this little dress was a gift from a friend, and it made a nice contrast! Next time I would make a full lining, as this is another pattern with just a bodice lining. It is a nice touch to add a full lining. :) But Britney looks very Summery in this....meanwhile it is cold outside and almost Christmas. Merry Christmas to everyone!!


4 comments:

glorm said...

Oh, how cute! Well, it IS summer somewhere on this planet, right?

catspec said...

Thanks glorm! Yes there's sunshine! Somewhere!! :)

SewLibra said...

Britney is lookin' pretty sharp there! Cute dress. Is the ZZ foot on your Brother called a J foot by any chance? That's the main foot on mine for straight or ZZ, but I hadn't noticed it was longer than most feet.

catspec said...

SewLibra, yes, it's a J foot but I think just in recent models they made it longer to grab up fabric better...it is pretty cool!