Tuesday, April 20, 2021

May in her new Cheongsam...

 
The pattern is from Doll Tag and available at Pixie Faire.  It is the Ming Lin pattern. My May was Zoe - an Adora Amazing Girl doll bought from AMAZON. She is so well made - just a lovely doll. Her torso is stuffed except for the top which is vinyl, thus making summer clothing look good! The fabric is Robert Kaufman fat quarters of Asian prints. I made the binding because I just love making binding and applying it! :) Really I do. That is a butterfly print - both the fabrics have golden highlights. This took me awhile, although that was due to a huge gap when I didn't sew for two weeks or so. Oh - I see my cute little panda pin cushion - he has the Clover thin pins. And my Kai 5" scissors - I do love those babies. :) 

I might remake this in a satin at some point, but now it's on to another project! I did sew this up on my Pfaff, and now it will be my Brother's turn for the next project!

 

2 comments:

SewLibra said...

Oh that's so pretty! I love the fabrics you used. I too like to make bindings. Not sure how you do yours but I like pulling and pressing out of the little metal binding tool. Fun! :)

catspec said...

Thank you SewLibra! I just make mine by hand like in the "old days!" Never used one of the gizmos for making binding - maybe I should! :) I might make this dress again in something shiny but not for awhile. Also I do have another pattern that is mostly the same but more fitted.