Monday, May 3, 2021

Making a Summer Comfy Shorts Pattern...

 

 
So, here the thing was that I had wanted to make a pants pattern from my jeans shorts for a long time. I had cut off my elastic waist Jeans (with a bit of spandex) to make these shorts a long time ago and even though they are venerable and loved, and I will still wear them, they really cannot be worn out in public at this point. I need to make some Summer Shorts. I downloaded the So Sew Easy pattern and wanted to compare it to a pattern drafted out by me from my trusty shorts. Today was the day. Here is the comparison of each piece with the inner seam laid over the So Sew Easy pattern. I can see the So Sew Easy wouldn't be large enough for me, so I am going to use my own pattern. The differences are interesting as well.  I do know that the pair I used to copy fits me and so do lots of other RTW jeans from the same company at the same time.  Here is the back! My tissue is over the So Sew Easy.
 

 
Here is the front piece again my tissue over the So Sew Easy.  


So it seems my own pattern will be the better fit for sure. It was a fun exercise in comparing the inner seaming though...:)  I may add a little fare to the sides because I want comfy roomy longish shorts for comfort and to ease the burden when bending over in the yard and garden. :)  might even want to make a bucket hat to match...hhhmmm.....


No comments: