Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Planning for the Spring and Maybe Summer Sewing...

 
So - this is the plan for the next foreseeable future. Three have no fabric picked out yet, Two are already cut out and the rest have the fabric in the plastic bag with the patterns ready to cut out.  Four are for 14" dolls, six are for 18" dolls and one is for my little 8" Betsy McCall.  I just found my Betsy where she has been since someone gave her to me in the early 2000s. She was owned by a good friend of mine years ago in the late 1950s when Betsy first came out. The doll is pristine and the box needed me to glue it with Aleene's Tacky Glue
 

Meanwhile I have to sew the rest of the doll dress I am working on! I have no adult clothing planned. It is such fun to sew for the dolls and make pincushions. In fact, I need to make another pin cushion! I bought a book called Make Pincushions and I intend to make the one on the cover - so cute! Plus there is a Lady Bug one inside that is jut too cute that I want to make. :) 

SO - or is it SEW - I have lots to plan, cut out and actually sew. Is the planning the most fun of all? Why, I am glad you asked that because YES it is.

2 comments:

SewLibra said...

You are one busy bee! Looking forward to seeing all these dolly clothes.

catspec said...

HAHAHAA...I do more planning than sewing for sure, but it's all in the queue. The one positive is that if I were faster I would also have a storage problem for doll things. ;) THANK YOU!!