Friday, June 17, 2022

Shorts Saga...

Previously I wrote about my shorts initiative. Here... Comfy Shorts  so an update might be nice. I did make one pair with the pattern I had drafted from my own pants. Well, it was SO small in the hip area. What I did was just cut it right up both sides. Then I sewed in a trapezoidal panel that was less wide at the top - one side to the front and one side to the back. Both sides. Then redid waist. Now it has sort of a skort look but they are wearable for Summer.  Nice save.  Bit unfashionable but nice and cool! With this top I look a lot heavier as well. Sigh. :)

The next pair of shorts I decided to use a KWIK SEW pattern I had bought on ETSY. Original white paper and all. KS2837. 


I have to tell you - I thought I picked the right size. Good grief - Those babies were so large I could have invited in several other ladies to wear them with me. I mean really. Not only huge but completely would have covered my neck had I pulled them up to fit! Used a Carolina Cloth from Home Sew in a lovely neutral light creamy tan. Really nice, all cotton, kind of crumpley after washing.  So I washed that all cotton in scalding hot water and did it twice hoping for shrinkage. But no, when you WANT shrinkage you don't get it. So - today I cut off the waistband and tossed it, trimmed and finished the top edge and did an elastic waistband again with the sew-flip-sew method and what do you know! Now the fit is fine. They are large in the legs but I like that. No pictures of these yet. So that pattern really runs large and I could have used at least one to two sizes smaller. 

I should have just cut out shorts from my TNT Burda. What was I thinking! Here is that Burda I love, Burda 2614. 

 


No comments: