Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Crane Quilt 2023 Finished....and Homed...

 

This quilt was for my son. I finally finished it a few months later than had been planned. I just loved the fabrics in this - mostly Robert Kaufman.  I used Warm & White batting, and a gray toned floral flannel backing from eQuilter  The quilting is Magnifico from Superior Threads in a lovely glistening silver. I used a "Rainfall" quilting method - it is just wavy lines randomly done down the quilt. For this pattern, I start at one side, and then when I get to the middle where the quilt begins to really be unwieldy in the harp of the machine, I turn it and do the other side from the bottom of the quilt. It works well. I previously described the setup to quilt on my Elna 720 here.   I just saw that corporate offices for Warm Company are in Lynnwood WA. So I guess the batting is near home because the quilt now resides in Washington as well. 

Most of my quilting cottons stash now is Asian prints and that is by choice. So much to admire and so helpful to a restful brain to contemplate.

2 comments:

glorm said...

Perfect! Those Asian prints are so lovely.

catspec said...

Thank you so much glorm! So glad it made a successful trip to it's forever home too!