Tuesday, June 20, 2023

An Historical Dress Modified

 
 
 Simplicity 8714, a lovely pattern from KeepersDollyDuds. However, the sleeves, to my shock, had openings in them. I modified them to be full without openings, and I added lace to the bodice. There is a piece you apply to the bodice that is pleated really, but I made it pintucked. With this fabric, I found that those pin tucks didn't show. So I added the lace as an embellishment. I have a lot of lace in small pieces that I love to use on dolly things. I added elastic to the sleeves as well - very relaxed though. The fabric was a remnant I bought on ETSY that has a print that seems to go with vintage looks.  
 

I like the apron in this patterns as well and it may get made one of these months for another outfit. Oddly, this dress seems a bit large on this doll! That doesn't usually happen. But she is the doll I want to see in this dress so far. I may try it on another doll later on.

No comments: