Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Tea Cozy with Embroidery Fun...

 

The embroidery was so much fun. Tea cozy made to fit the lovely ceramic teapot I bought awhile ago. I made this as a gift for someone else who has the same teapot. I had bought a lot of this double sided muslin awhile back, and I have used it for a few small things since then. The serger cover was the main item I made, so I had an overage of fabric left! I still do. Madeira thread used, and my trusty Brother SE400. I find that that machine is all I need for embroidery, even after 6 years!  The design is a built in design on the machine. It is gettable at Brother however. I love it.  I had made a tea cozy years ago, and that had to be modified a few times over - it is a self-designed pattern. So this is a final modification of the pattern. Fits my teapot and the gifted one perfectly.  

Every now and then I love to embroidery something with a cute design, but all in all embroidery is not a main thing for me. I do love this little machine! Bought with retirement gift certificate, it has proved a worthy purchase, even had I paid full price! :) Brother machines are a lot of fun to use. Their user interfaces are much more intuitive than other manufacturers machines that I have experience with.

2 comments:

glorm said...

A teapot for a teapot cozy--perfect!

I have this design but on an embroidery card. I have the very basic Brother 150, an embroidery only machine and I love it. Your machine is so cute. I haven't tried other embroidery machines so I can't compare but I do like the Brother's ease and many have said they are great ones.

catspec said...

Thanks so much! Yes, our Brothers are really fun and I think mine is pretty much entry level and I love it. It fits my needs! So cool that this design is also on your card!