Saturday, August 22, 2020

Reorganizing and Storage as End in Itself...Part I

 
So, well thinking about the myriad of projects I have set myself to do, I was hit with the reorganization bug. Probably as a delaying method to keep me from actually producing a few finished projects. So at 10 or so the other night, I started by raising the leaf of my Sullivan Sewing Table. That gave me not only room for the dolls to stand a bit more easily, but gave me more storage under that arm! I had not anticipated that. After separating and relocating my Super Satchel Cubes, I found I had more useful space.  Then I triaged my Satchels and rearranged them so that the ones I actually go into the most frequently are the easiest to get to. Seems easy enough to figure out, but that was not how I had them before. I have storage under my Gidgets - you can see the other Satchel Cube (it has rollers on) under my Pfaff machine's personal Gidget table. The following is a photo of my other two Gidgets with storage under them. That's my storage story. I have some batting stored in another place, but that's really it as you see it here in two photos. And yes, I can sew on the Brother because mainly I love its Start/Stop button!!!

 
Part II will show the interiors of my ArtBin Super Satchels. If I get to Part III it will be for storage of  machine accessories and how to keep your notions, bobbins and thread handy when sewing on a project.  Plus perhaps the inside of the drawers of my Sullivan sewing cabinet. All this writing and picturing keeps me from sewing my projects...hhhmmm...planned?

2 comments:

glorm said...

Hey, it's a start--and a good one. Dolls are so pretty all together like that.

Want to send that bug over here? LOL.

catspec said...

glorm! Thanks...well, I had been thinking for awhile about that table and reclaiming the surface area. It was a surprise to then have more space in other places as well! One way to have more space is NOT to have a large fabric stash too. I have the two bins, plus the doll fabrics in the shelf project bin. I have a few other pieces but nothing that needs another large bin. Hoping to use up the stragglers too.