Thursday, November 12, 2020

Clover Flat Head Pins 1: Fabulous Pink and Red


 Clover Flower Head Pins #2505 at .55mm thickness and just the nicest smoothest pins!

Beautiful, smooth and just the best pins ever. A friend gave the first set to me some years ago now, and I didn't open them until a week or so ago. WOW....what a spectacular pin set! I had to order a few more sets, and retire my old metallic colored ball head pins even though they are certainly nice pins. These Clover pins are just the best.  Clover makes several of these flat head pin sets - and they are different. They are different thicknesses and meant for different purposes.  This particular set is the red/pink heads and they are for medium weight fabrics - they pin anything - I used them on light cotton and also on fleece, and they are smooth and just slide into fabric. These are NOT the ones for quilting that bend (blue head ones I think the quilting ones are),  these are .55mm in thickness and there are twenty in a package. Yes, they seem expensive, but again, worth every penny. I would call this set the "all-around" pin for home sewers.  I bought these online from The Fat Quarter Shop.

After I tried these I just had to put them in a nice pin cushion, I have one a friend made me awhile ago - several years! It is a lovely panda. :)

If you are a garment sewer, these pink/red flathead pins are a treat!! For quilters who use straight pins, the blue head ones are I think the ones of choice, but I have not used them and won't buy them because I only use safety pins on quilts.

So far the pins have been used on a fleece project and a tiny doll dress, and soon they will slide into a few knit tops! I will put away my other pins in case something befalls these sweet Clover pins!


4 comments:

Tradquilter said...

How adorable is that pin cushion. Yes, Clover pins are the best! Thanks for the review!

catspec said...

Thank you!!!! And, thank you! ;)

glorm said...

Put a panda in a picture--and that's all that I see. LOL. Thanks for the review of the pins. This is weird as this just showed up in my list and I see that it's dated the 12th. Hmmm.

catspec said...

Gosh Glorm! I am glad the panda caught your eye! SO pretty, isn't he? I couldn't imagine my friend making the panda but she did! :)