Friday, November 27, 2020

Clover Flat Head Pins 2: Thicker Flower Head Assorted Colors and Teal Heart Shaped...and Hedgy...


 My multies in my new Dritz velvet pincushion and my Heart Heads in a pincushion I made years ago from some fabric I quilted to make a tea cozy. It's pretty non-artistic but I like it!  Yes, I bought pins again at The Fat Quarter Shop.

First, the Multi-olored Flower Head Pins. This is Clover No. 2506, and they are thicker than the lovely pink/red flower heads No. 2505 in my first post. These are 0.7mm in thickness and 54mm long, whereas the No. 2505 are 0.55 thickness and 50mm long! SO - the multis and stronger, thicker and a bit longer. They are so pretty.  I guess I went on a pin jag here and now I have to make a few more pincushions!


Close up of the pins - since there are 100 pins in the little nice box they come in, I did not put them all in the cushion.  Just a sampling of each color. I used these in mask making yesterday and they are going to pop into any fabric I think. :) You can really tell the thicker pins. I think for everyday these are fine, but for delicate fabrics or use in doll clothes I am going to use the 2505.

AND of course I couldn't leave behind the i Sew For Fun by Nancy Zieman lovely teal heart shaped head pins. These are like the No.2405 Pink/Red head flower pins. 0.55mm thickness and 50mm long. So pretty. :) They are Clover No. 9604. They are now in my quilty pincushion but when I make another one they will go in the new one I think. Meanwhile I do have my little Hedgy the Hedgehog I made with the Superior Threads pattern a few years ago. :)  He has regular metallic ball head pins from Dritz. I have loads of those and he has only a few handy for me.


 


2 comments:

SewLibra said...

These pincushions are adorable! I'll bet they brighten up your sewing area and make you happy just to look at them. If I don't have my wrist cushion on (and I've used wrist cushions since Jr. High) I jab my wrist. Ouch! It's just such a habit to have it on. You could sell these easy if you were so inclined!

catspec said...

Thank you! I only made the mouse and the blob one. The pink one is from Dritz and I do love it! I mean to make several though....:)