Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Pincushion from Simplicity 8532...Fun Smaller Project...

 
I did this little project yesterday. A bit of a break from a longer project. Took a couple of hours because there is some hand sewing here, and I am not adept at that. Since I have scraps left over from quilting and also batting left over from quilting that I can use for stuffing, I have decided to make pincushions and add to my pin collection! HAHA.  I have already put in pictures here of the cushions I already have, but this is something relaxing and fun. For the cording I used one strand each of Sulky 12 weight green cotton thread, Wonderfil 12 wt. Spagetti in Copper-orange, and good old C&C Gold Jeans Top-stitching thread. All three in an embroidery needle to do those cords by hand. Pattern called for embroidery floss but I have none. Pattern is Simplicity 8532, although the basic pattern is just circle templates - I left off the top ruffly part. Liked a button better, and I have a lot of buttons!


No comments: