Monday, March 8, 2021

Sewing Machine Lighting...LEDs in the Harp...Flight Line Illumination!

 
My Brother Innovis Pacesetter PS500 doesn't really need me to add harp lights because it has an LED harp light already. However, the machine is very broad front to back and there is a lot of room for installation, so I thought: ""Why NOT?!" Above you see the finished product all lit up and this is daytime in here.  Here is the machine off and only the LED lights...

I have two brackets used on the back of the machine and the little switch is also loosely hanging there so that I can put on the machine cover. Since I have used this sort of lighting so much over the past several years on other machines, I pretty much know how I like them installed. I put them way back into the edge almost of the harp insides. This brand seems more flexible and I was able to run them down the head as well. I like that. Here is the product I bought on AMAZON.



4 comments:

Catherine said...

Installed these lights on my 2 machines a few months ago. What a difference they make! Your Pacesetter is such a pretty machine.

catspec said...

Thank you Catherine! I do think itis so pretty too! :) Don't you just love these LED strip lights? I am going to put one set under a counter in the kitchen - and use the whole strip of LEDs.

SewLibra said...

Pretty snazzy! I agree the Brother machines are quite wide front to back and the sewing area is in the back. I didn't know if I could get used to that after using my Bernina where the sewing is all the way in the front, but it didn't take long. Thanks for showing the Amazon pic in case I get one for my coverstitch machine. That one is rarely moved so it would make sense for me. I have a separate lamp beside that machine and a bright LED magnifying light over the other machines, but these strips are really nice and bright! Wish I could see what it looks like in the back of the machine...

catspec said...

Thanks! I think I will add a few pictures of the side and back of the machine! The cord can be added in many configurations and is easy to move with the machine.